This post is also available in: Dansk
The building was constructed in from 1949 to 1953 and the tower was added in 1958. The telephone house was an important part of Denmark’s switch from manual to automatic telephone exchanges.
The tower was part of a chain of towers which distributed television and telephone signals throughout Denmark. The telephone tower on Borups Allé was an important node in that network/chain.
It was equipped with parabolic antennas which were later removed.
Read more (in Danish):
See more photos in the album on Flickr →
(The photos are available for free use on a generous Creative Commons license.)